Are you looking for an exciting opportunity within a challenging fast-paced environment, allowing you to think outside the box? We are looking for a Sales Engineer to join our growing Chicago team. You will drive and manage technology evaluation stages of our Sales Process.
Who are we?
Infobright, a Toronto based company, redefines the way that people use their data. Our technology and development create new and radically different approaches to access information by the use of intelligence rather than brute force application of hardware and clusters.
What will you do?
Reporting to the head of Sales Engineering, you will drive and manage the technology evolution stage for our customers; working with conjunction with the Chicago-based Sales team, you will serve as one of their key technical advisors. You will use your strong technical and analytical skills as well as your knowledge of business acumen to create a strategic vision for our customers. Through on-going market research and customer understanding, you will represent the customer when interfacing with development, sales, marketing, and business stakeholders.
Your responsibilities will be but not limited to:
• Developing and delivering product demonstrations
• Attending conferences, seminars, or trade shows to represent the product to customers.
• Responding to RFI/RFPs.
• Calculating client quotations and analyze costs and sales
• Providing pre/post sales technical assistance and product education
• Working closely with Sales team to make technical presentation
• Evangelizing the product (internally and externally).
As a successful candidate, what skills should you possess?
• Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related degree or equivalent work experience
• 3+ years of proven success in a Sales Engineering position
• Strong knowledge in at least one of transactional or analytical databases including Postgres, Oracle, MySql, Infobright, Redshift, Netezza, or Vertica.
• Some knowledge of NoSQL, NewSQL, and Hadoop data storage technologies
• 3+ years of experience working with Linux/Windows
• Coding experience in scripting languages such as PHP/Perl/Python/Shell
• Proven organizational and analytical skills
• Strong Presentation skills and able to communicate professionally.
• Multi-tasker who works well under pressure.
• Self-Motivated, Creative and Adaptive
• Quick learner with the ability to say “I don’t know”
• Enjoys working with a team for support but flying solo with customers.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (written & verbal).
• Ability to travel (Canada, US, Europe).
What can we offer you?
We provide a startup atmosphere within an international company complete with exciting technology and products, competitive salary, and a great working environment with the opportunity to grow.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
We would like to thank all candidates for their interest in Infobright; but, due to the volume of resumes, we will only be contacting those candidates we wish to interview.
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com including your salary expectations.
Infobright is an Equal Opportunity Employer