+ Reply to Thread

is there a way to 'flush tables ...' in infobright?

hi Infobright!

i copy tables from one host to another using rsync.
    the problem is that infobright won't update (cached) table content when it's changed on the disk. "flush tables ..." has no effect.
    so right now i do the following:

* drop destination table
    * copy table files (frm, bht) from source to destination

if there's a running request to the table in question, request fails.

can you recommend a workaround?

--
    tnx, Vladimir

Yes, you are going to want to Stop the Service completely. This will flush all disk reads/writes and allow you to do what you need to do next, then Restart the service.

What is the version comment of your instance?

hi Craig,

thanks for a quick reply!

i use version 4.0.7.
    stopping the service is not an option - tables are updated and synced continuously.
    looks like the only way is to keep current workflow (drop & copy table), and re-run failed requests.

are there plans to introduce 'flush table' in ICE?

--
    rgds, Vladimir

hi Craig,

thanks for a quick reply!

i use version 4.0.7.
    stopping the service is not an option - tables are updated and synced continuously.
    looks like the only way is to keep current workflow (drop & copy table), and re-run failed requests.

are there plans to introduce 'flush table' in ICE?

--
    rgds, Vladimir

Try reading through this thread and see if any of this helps

https://www.infobright.org/forums/sh...37-Backup-copy

This ticket is also being addressed in the helpdesk.....

Craig, thank you for the link to https://www.infobright.org/forums/sh...37-Backup-copy . i do this already and it works quite stable for a long time
    the only issue is with on-the-fly restore procedure. right now, to make infobright re-read the table from disk i have two options - restart infobright or 'drop table' before moving *.frm and *.bht files. both options interrupt running requests.

i'm looking for a way to 'mark' table as updated, so that it will be re-loaded from disk for the next query. is it possible?

you've mentioned helpdesk... can you please point me to it?

Hi

After restoring the table, the knowledge grid needs to be refreshed. The only way that this can happen is by restarting ICE.
    The knowledge grid is updated, when a load occurs or when a drop table occurs, in ICE.
    By restoring the table, the files are in place, but ICE does not know that they are there due to the knowledge grid having not been updated.

If you were using the enterprise Edition (IEE), then you could carry out updates (as well as inserts and deletes).

With regards to the helpdesk, this is for how Infobright manages issues (both internally and from IEE customers) and is not available to community members.

I hope this helps

Damian