June 21st, 2012, 12:20 AM
What's with file 'ab_switch'?
Here is my case,
1. create a table called test. --- for now, there is no ab_switch unter folder test.bht.
2. load data into table test. --- for now, there is still no ab_switch unter folder test.bht.
3. load data into table test again. --- for now, ab_switch appeares.
4. load data into table test one more time. --- for now, ab_switch disappear.
5. load data into table test again. --- for now, ab_switch appeares.
6. load data into table test one more time. --- for now, ab_switch disappear.
Seems like the file ab_switch appears even on several occasions.
Could anyone tell me what is ab_switch? Why it has a such strange life cycle?
November 5th, 2013, 02:45 AM
hi Satine, were you able to figure that out?
sad, that there is no reply to such an interesting question..
November 5th, 2013, 02:48 AM
based on the info present in https://support.infobright.com/forum...-.ctb-question
it looks the ab_switch might be used to identify whether to write on *00.ctb or *01.ctb files.
November 6th, 2013, 08:19 AM
There are multiple kinds of files that we write to disk for many different reason. Things like the Knowledge Grid have their own files, but also spawn into additional files depending upon the query you are running. Certain types of Pack to Pack nodes are necessary for complex Joins. Also depending upon the type of data the column is, there may be additional data pack nodes. Does this answer the question?
November 7th, 2013, 05:19 AM