View Upgrade Guide for Windows
IEE 4.0.3 GA – Upgrade Notes
1. Since IEE 3.4.2 GA, several tuning parameters are now configured automatically and have been deprecated from the brighthouse.ini file. The deprecated parameters include:
2. Due to a known issue with the embedded version of MySQL, it is recommended you run the MySQL Updater program after any upgrade to avoid issues with stored procedures or table structures.
3. The enable UTF-8 flag (UseCharset = 0/1) is no longer needed and if present, must be removed from the brighthouse.ini file. For table structures created prior to IEE 3.3.1 the Charset Migration Tool (CHMT) should be run during upgrade.
Windows Upgrade Instructions
Before upgrading, be sure to read the latest release notes for any special upgrade instructions.
1. Please follow the standard IEE Windows installation instructions. The Install Wizard automatically detects a previous version of IEE and upgrades your IEE installation while preserving your data and configuration settings. The install procedure automatically runs the Configuration Manager.
2. Start the Infobright server from the Start Menu items.
3. Create or ensure that the directory c:\tmp exists (necessary for step 4).
4. Run the MySQL Upgrade utility from the Windows command line:
cd “C:\Program Files\Infobright\bin”
mysql_upgrade.exe —defaults-file=”c:\Program Files\Infobright\my-ib.ini” -uroot —tmpdir=c:\tmp
Important: The MySQL Upgrade utility may display several errors regarding the use of locks with log tables and errors requiring table upgrades. The errors are all handled automatically by Infobright and/or the upgrade utility and can be ignored.
5. Stop and start the Infobright server from the Start Menu items.
6. If you are upgrading from Infobright 3.5 or earlier, run the Infobright upgrade tool from the Windows command line. This creates stored procedures used by the DomainExpert.
cd “C:\Program Files\Infobright”
\Infobright-upgrade.bat -u root