View Upgrade Guide for Linux
These instructions are for upgrading using the RPM or DEB packages. To upgrade using the Tar package, see the Linux Tar Upgrade Instructions.
IEE 4.0.3 GA – Upgrade Notes
1. Since IEE 4.0.3, several tuning parameters are now configured automatically and have been deprecated from the brighthouse.ini file. The deprecated parameters include:
2. Due to a known issue with the embedded version of MySQL, it is recommended you run the MySQL Updater program after any upgrade to avoid issues with stored procedures or table structures.
3. The enable UTF-8 flag (UseCharset = 0/1) is no longer needed and if present, must be removed from the brighthouse.ini file. For table structures created prior to IEE 3.3.1 the Charset Migration Tool (CHMT) should be run during upgrade.
Linux Upgrade Instructions Using the RPM or DEB Package
1. Obtain root user access
2. Run either:
rpm -U infobright-version-platform.rpm
dpkg -i infobright-version-platform.deb
3. Change to the mysql user
4. Start the Infobright server:
5. Run mysql upgrade tool to upgrade data folder:
./bin/mysql_upgrade --defaults-file=/etc/my-ib.cnf --user=root --tmpdir=/tmp
Important: The MySQL Upgrade utility may display several errors regarding the use of locks with log tables and errors requiring table upgrades. The errors are all handled automatically by Infobright and/or the upgrade utility and can be ignored.
6. Re-start the Infobright server:
7. Confirm the build version as IB_4.0_r13151_13690 :
8. If you are upgrading from Infobright 3.5 or earlier, run the Infobright upgrade tool. This creates stored procedures used by the DomainExpert.
./infobright_upgrade.sh -u <user> -p
i.e. ./infobright_upgrade.sh -u root
Usage: ./infobright_upgrade.sh [-u <user>] [-p ]