View Install Guide for Solaris
Note: These instructions are for installing IEE on Solaris using the PKG package. To install using the tarball, please see the Solaris Tar Install instructions.
Important: Infobright depends on the SUNWgccruntime package, which is installed by default on Solaris 10 u6. To ensure the package is present, run pkgchk -l SUNWgccruntime. If the package is not present, you can install it from your Solaris media. If the package has been installed in a location other than the default, the LD_LIBRARY_PATH needs to be updated to point to the location of the 64bit version of the libraries.
Important: It is critical that you add sufficient physical memory swap space on Solaris or performance will be severely impacted. Recommended swap space is 10 GB for 32 GB system, 5 GB for 16 GB system and 3 GB for 8 GB system.
1. Download the install package (e.g. infobright-3.5-solaris10-x86_64_iee.pkg.gz) to the server where you are installing Infobright
2. Obtain root user access
3. Unzip the pkg file:
4. Deploy the software:
pkgadd -d infobright_version_name.pkg
5. To change the default install options, after installation run:
You can run this script at any time after installation to change the datadir, CacheFolder, socket, and port. The script must be run as root and Infobright must not be running.
6. The installation determines the optimum memory settings based on the physical memory of the system. You may change these settings by editing the file brighthouse.ini within the data directory.
Important: The memory settings assume that there are no other services on the machine consuming significant memory. If this is not the case, please lower the memory settings for Infobright.
7. To start or stop Infobright, run:
8. To start or stop the Infobright server, run:
9. To connect to Infobright, use the script mysql-ib:
10. To uninstall Infobright, run: