View Install Guide for Linux
Note: These instructions are for installing IEE on Linux operating systems using the RPM or DEB packages. To install using the tarball, please see the Linux Tar Install instructions. For Solaris 10, please see Install Guide for Solaris
1. Download the install package (e.g. infobright-3.5.x86_64_rpm) to the server where you are installing Infobright
2. Obtain root user access
3. To install the RPM package, run:
rpm -i infobright_version_name.rpm [optional: --prefix=path]
To install the DEB package, run:
dpkg -i infobright_version_name.deb
Note: Please do not install Infobright in the root or home directories due to possible MySQL permission checking issues during install, start up, and/or load.
4. To change the default install options, after installation run:
You can run this script at any time after installation to change the datadir, CacheFolder, socket, and port. The script must be run as root and Infobright must not be running.
5. The installation determines the optimum memory settings based on the physical memory of the system. You may change these settings by editing the file brighthouse.ini within the data directory.
Important: The memory settings assume that there are no other services on the machine consuming significant memory. If this is not the case, please lower the memory settings for Infobright.
6. To start or stop Infobright, run:
7. To connect to Infobright, use the script mysql-ib:
8. To uninstall Infobright, run either:
rpm -e infobright
dpkg -r infobright