Infopliance is built for users and applications that need to store and extract insight from growing volumes of real-time and historical information generated by Web logs, network logs, call detail records, security data, sensor data and more.
The integrated hardware/software solution extends the value of Infobright’s innovative database technology, delivering administrative simplicity, robust analytic performance and scalability to 144 terabytes of data in a single appliance node. The innovative nature of Infobright's database architecture, combined with its market-leading data compression and scalable appliance hardware, gives businesses seeking to take more profitable advantage of their machine-generated data a simple-to-deploy and simple-to-use solution, right out of the box. Infopliance will be available in the fourth quarter of 2012.
Features and benefits of Infopliance include:
• Fast query processing, especially for ad hoc analysis, with no indexing, partitioning or manual tuning required
• Scales from 12 to 144 terabytes per node and thousands of users
• High availability, including automatic failover, as well as backup and recovery and data protection capabilities
• Simple set up and administration, supported by Infobright’s self-tuning and self-managing architecture
• Easy integration with popular big data platforms like Hadoop, BI dashboards, traditional databases and more
• Lower total cost of ownership, with starting costs as little as one half to one third that of traditional appliance solutions
• 7x24x365 support for all Infopliance installations
An Infopliance consists of two servers and two storage nodes that support from 12 to 144TB of data without any hardware change. These rackmount units, 7U in total, are ready to be connected into a standard Ethernet network. The basic Infopliance contains one Application Server, one Management server and two storage units with built-in RAID 6 fault tolerance. Higher levels of availability / failover, support for larger user populations and automatic backup is achieved with the addition of one or more Application Servers.
Each Application server hosts the Infopliance Data Engine and utilities, while the other, the Management Server, contains the Configuration Manager, Update Manager, System Monitor and Cluster Manager. In addition, the Infopliance comes with Infopliance Data Processor (IDP) software, for very high-speed data loading across multiple machines. IDP is best hosted on server external to Infopliance, such as those running ETL processes.
To learn more, download the Infopliance product brief.
“Each month we process and analyze data generated by 20 billion online transactions. We are pleased by Infobright’s performance and the fact that we now can get answers to questions…
A New Approach
The Analytic Data Warehouse
Traditional data warehouse products put a tremendous burden on IT in order to create and maintain an environment that will allow users to query against large volumes of data.