Join Our Community Today!
Infobright’s high performance database is the preferred choice for analytic applications and data marts, delivering outstanding query performance against large volumes of data. It is easy to deploy, has unmatched operational simplicity and is the lowest cost enterprise class product on the market. What’s more, you can get started immediately by downloading ICE, our open source version, or one of the many integrated virtual machines that combine ICE with open source BI and ETL products from leading companies such as Actuate/BIRT, Jaspersoft, Pentaho and Talend.
In addition to our focus on delivering an outstanding database solution, we work hard to provide a broad range of educational resources relevant to analytics. This includes analyst white papers, informative webinars, and our new 3-minute tutorial videos. Watch the new ‘Column vs Row: Explaining the Basics'.
Announcing Infobright Enterprise 3.3.1 – High Availability, Faster Queries, Enhanced SQL!
Infobright is pleased to announce the release of Infobright Enterprise Edition (IEE) 3.3.1. This new release includes enhanced query and insert performance, high availability options, support for UTF-8, expanded SQL support and features that enable OEMs to seamlessly embed IEE into their own solutions.
IEE 3.3.1 also answers the demand for broader platform support with the addition of Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 and Microsoft 32-bit Windows Server to the broad range of popular operating systems already supported by IEE.
The new features includes those made available as part of IEE 3.3 in December, as well as some new capabilities included in IEE 3.3.1 which has just been released. Infobright’s agile development methodology allows us to roll out new functionality and respond to customer needs much faster than the traditional lengthy time processes associated with other software infrastructure solutions.
Read all the details at the bottom of this page
Webinar 2/17: Drowning in Online Data? A Guide to Loading and Managing Web Data for Analytic Applications
Attend this webinar with Talend and Infobright to learn about new solutions that simplify the process of loading, transforming, managing and using webdata to provide critical information to business users and service provider customers. Companies of all sizes, budgets and levels of expertise will benefit from this event.
Webinar 2/25: Upgrading from Row-Based Databases to Infobright for High Speed Analytics
If you are looking for a database with great performance for queries and analytics, join us for this live Techcast that will review the steps to upgrade to Infobright from row-based databases. Learn more about Infobright’s columnar database and how it delivers great performance without manual tuning and with 90% less work than other databases. You will also have the opportunity to ask questions and interact with the presenter.
White Paper Downloads
Bloor Research Spotlight Report: “Loading and Analysing Web Data”
Understanding the behavior of your customers, the effectiveness of your advertising or marketing campaigns, the performance of your website, or a host of other questions may mean the difference between business success and failure. In practice, this often requires the integration of vast amounts of online data and offline data in order to gain the insight you are looking for. Read the new Bloor Research Spotlight Report: “Loading and Analysing Web Data”, sponsored by Infobright and Talend.
“What’s Cool about Columns” and “Log and Event Management”
We are also pleased to offer free downloads of several other informative Bloor Research reports including “What’s Cool about Columns” and “Log and Event Management”.
OEM Partner: Fuseforward Selects Infobright Enterprise Edition (IEE) as Embedded Analytic Database
“Managing large volumes of data effectively is key to the value our Intelligent Systems Management platform provides to our customers,” said Mark Damm, CEO of Fuseforward. “Using IEE, we can deliver the powerful analysis capabilities that complex organizations need to manage and optimize their operations now and in the future.”
Read more about why Fuseforward, an infrastructure management solution provider, chose IEE for its innovative “Smart Utility” solution.
Customer: Austin Energy. Read the new case study: Implementing BI and a Data Warehouse in Weeks
Austin Energy is the ninth largest public power utility in the nation, providing power generation, distribution, transmission and substation transmission.
Like many organizations, business executives at Austin Energy needed better information about the business in order to maximize efficiency. Requests for executive dashboards that would provide this critical information had been outstanding for several years, but had yet to be produced because of the time and effort it would take following the traditional business intelligence and data warehouse model.
Instead, two innovative project managers within one of the business units decided to take a different approach. The key objectives were to provide simultaneous dashboards, reports and unit-level data analysis as well as ad-hoc query capabilities for business unit subject matter experts. The solution needed to be easy to implement and deploy, low cost and scalable. Read the case study now.
Product News continued....
- Enhanced DML and Query Performance – enhances performance for INSERT operations, and cache management that further increases the already speedy query performance of IEE.
- Embedded Tools for OEMs – a server API gives OEM and SaaS companies the ability to seamlessly and securely embed IEE into their applications, providing the foundation for high performance analytics without the need for complex integration or database management.
- Enhanced International Support – gives worldwide users the ability to store, collate and sort data based on UTF-8 character sets.
- Expanded SQL Capabilities – in response to customer feedback, support has been added for key SQL statistical aggregation functions. The new functions include Standard Deviation (STDDEV), Variance (VAR), Sample Standard Deviation (STDDEV_SAMP), Sample Variance (VAR_SAMP), Population Standard Deviation (STDDEV_POP), and Population Variance (VAR_POP).
- Support for ALTER TABLE - adds support for commonly used ALTER TABLE commands, including ADD/DROP Column, and RENAME table providing greater production flexibility.
- Improved JOIN performance - The release also features performance optimizations for JOIN operations, including improved JOIN performance for small table to large table JOINs, and improved support for LEFT OUTER JOIN. The enhanced JOIN optimizations greatly improve support for star and snowflake schema designs.
- Data Integrity Manager - IEE 3.3 ships with the first release of the Data Integrity Manager, an external tool that ensures high-levels of performance with validation of Infobright’s unique Knowledge Grid and compressed Data Packs. The Data Integrity Manager will be enhanced over subsequent releases, providing the ability to completely rebuild the Knowledge Grid to immediately take advantage of new performance-enhancing Knowledge Nodes as they are released.
- Broader Platform Support – IEE is now available for both Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise 10, and 32-bit Windows Server. SUSE has been a highly requested platform from our user community and OEM partners, whereas 32-bit Windows meets the demand for staged deployment and application testing and further adoption of Infobright’s Embedded version.
- Multi-server high availability - enables support for a dual peer-to-peer server deployment providing no single point of failure. The high-availability capability is also available via a packaged Implementation Service. Our highly qualified technology consultants can install and configure a simple fail-over solution that can be easily managed. Customer acceptance criteria includes hand-over and documentation so that your system administrators can maintain an HA Infobright environment.
- MySQL 5.1.40 GA
-Updates the embedded version of MySQL within Infobright to MySQL 5.1.40 GA
-The update fixes some previously reported issues with Infobright, as well as
improves some performance and query syntax support as a result of
improvements made to the MySQL engine
47 Colborne Street, Suite 403, Toronto, ON M5E 1P8, Tel. 416 596 2483
If you would like to unsubscribe from this mailing list, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'unsubscribe' as the subject.