Infobright and Pentaho Deliver Virtual Machine That Integrates Open Source Business Intelligence
May 28, 2009
Combined Offering Delivers Superior Business Insight, Downloadable in Minutes, While Containing IT Expenses
Toronto, Ontario and Orlando, FL - May 28, 2009 Infobright, the open source data warehousing company and Pentaho Corporation, the commercial open source alternative for business intelligence (BI), today announced the availability of an integrated virtual machine that combines Infobright's open source analytic database engine for MySQL with Pentaho's full suite of open source business intelligence capabilities. The integrated solution provides a compelling alternative for organizations that are tasked to deliver better business insight while containing IT expenses.
The integrated solution is available for immediate download at: http://www.infobright.org//Land/Pentaho_ICE_Registration/
- Infobright and Pentaho have collaborated to deliver an integrated virtual machine that combines Infobright Community Edition with Pentaho BI Suite Community Edition deployed into a virtual machine based on Ubuntu Linux with the Tomcat application server. Delivery via virtual machine makes this the fastest way for users to try out the software and to start prototyping their own applications without installing or configuring software.
- The integrated download provides users with a pre-built analytic database, along with interactive dashboard examples, parameterized operational and analytic reports, and interactive OLAP analysis to demonstrate the power and functional breadth of capabilities available to business users.
- Optimized for analytic applications and data warehousing deployments, Infobright Community Edition provides a robust, open source column-store database that is highly scalable, simple to manage and delivers excellent query performance with no administrative effort.
- Pentaho BI Suite Community Edition provides comprehensive reporting, analysis, dashboard, data mining, and data integration capabilities to address a wide range of business problems and address a full spectrum of end user BI needs.
- "Open source enables users to get started immediately on new projects, " said Susan Davis, vice president of Marketing at Infobright. "Pentaho and Infobright have taken this idea a step further by integrating an end-to-end BI solution that can be installed in minutes, eliminating the need for users to download multiple products and perform any integration effort."
- "Interest in open source BI and data warehousing is growing rapidly, driven by the need for low-cost alternatives to traditional, expensive, proprietary offerings," said Lance Walter, senior vice president of Marketing at Pentaho. "At the same time, commercial open source offerings like Infobright and Pentaho provide full-featured solutions, so users don't have to sacrifice functionality for cost savings."
Infobright, the open source data warehousing company, has pioneered the development of self-managing data warehouse software. The critical need for business intelligence, coupled with the dramatic growth of corporate data, has outpaced IT's resources and budget within many companies. Infobright's technology solves this problem by delivering a highly scalable analytic data warehouse that reduces ongoing management by up to 90 percent and costs significantly less than other data warehouse solutions. Infobright's solution is being used by companies in online marketing, financial services, telecommunications and other industries to provide rapid access to critical business data with unmatched operational simplicity. For more information, please visit http://www.infobright.com.
About Pentaho Corporation
Pentaho Corporation is the commercial open source alternative for Business Intelligence (BI). Pentaho BI Suite Enterprise Edition provides comprehensive reporting, OLAP analysis, dashboards, data integration / ETL, data mining and a BI platform that have made it the world's leading and most widely deployed commercial open source BI suite. Pentaho provides support, services, and product enhancements via an annual subscription that can lower total cost of ownership by 90% compared to traditional, proprietary BI offerings. Since its 2004 founding as the pioneer in open source BI, Pentaho's products have been downloaded more than five million times, with production deployments at companies ranging from small organizations to The Global 2000. For more information, visit http://www.pentaho.com.
Infobright Media Contact
Kickstart Consulting for Infobright
Pentaho Media Contact
The key benefit of using Infobright is improved marketing efficiency and effectiveness.
A New Approach
The Analytic Data Warehouse
Traditional data warehouse products put a tremendous burden on IT in order to create and maintain an environment that will allow users to query against large volumes of data.