Infobright develops and markets a high performance, self-tuning analytic database designed for applications and data marts that analyze large volumes of “machine-generated data” such as web data, network logs, telecom records, stock tick data and sensor data. Easy to implement and with unmatched data compression, operational simplicity and low cost, Infobright is being used by enterprises, SaaS and software companies in online businesses, telecommunications, financial services and other industries to provide rapid analysis of critical business data.
In 2008 the company released the industry’s first commercial open source analytic database software, and built a strong and growing open source user community and a rapidly-growing customer base.
The Infobright Solution
Infobright combines a columnar database with intelligence we call the Knowledge Grid to deliver fast query response with unmatched administrative simplicity: no indexes, no data partitioning, and no manual tuning.
Infobright uses intelligence, not hardware, to drive query performance:
- Creates information about the data upon load, automatically
- Uses this to eliminate or reduce the need to access data to respond to a query
- The less data that needs to be accessed, the faster the response
What this means to customers:
- No need to pre-plan queries, create indexes or tune for performance
- Ad-hoc queries are as fast as anticipated queries, so users have total flexibility
- Data compression of 10:1 to 40:1 that means a lot less storage is needed
- Queries that may take hours with other databases run in minutes; queries that take minutes with other databases run in seconds
Infobright offers an open source and a commercial edition of its software. Both products are designed to handle data volumes up to 50TB.
Read the Infobright Company Fact Sheet.
Company Awards: Infobright has been recognized for our innovative technology and the value we provide to customers:
Named "Company to Watch in 2010" for Information Management by Intelligent Enterprise
Named "Cool Vendor in Data Management and Integration 2009" by Gartner, Inc.
"Economic Data Warehouse Choice" by Ventana Research
Named "2008 High Performance Data Warehousing Partner of the Year" by Pentaho
As a new company whose business is analyzing massive amounts of data, we needed a highly scalable solution that offered all the capabilities and performance possible but at an affordable…